“I am Saurfang. Brother of Broxigar. You know me to be the Supreme Commander of the Might of Kalimdor. An orc – a true orc warrior – wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy. Some of you have fought in battles. Peace has been with us for many years. Many years we sat idle but many years we battled. In those years – where strife the land and Legion and Scourge sacked our homes, killed our families – these insects dwelled beneath us. Beneath our homes – waiting. Waiting to crush the life from our little ones. To slay all in their path. This they do for their god. And for our gods? We defend. We stand. We show that as one. United. We destroy. Their god will fall. To die today, on this field of battle, is to die an orcish death. To die today is to die for our little ones. Our old ones. Our… loved ones. Would any of you deny yourselves such a death? Such an honor?”– addressing the Might of Kalimdor during the Second War of the Shifting Sands.
High Overlord Saurfang serves as the Supreme Commander of the Horde. He is the brother of Broxigar, who died trying to stop Sargeras, and was the only known creature to wound the Dark Titan. He is also one of the orcs who drank from the blood of Manneroc.
He is currently found helping the Horde forces in Icecrown Citadel, though has previously stood in Orgrimmar, and was Supreme Commander during the Second War of the Shifting Sands.
Along with Garrosh Hellscream, Varok Saurfang is one of Thrall’s most trusted advisors. When news of the Wrathgate tragedy reached Thrall, it was Varok who reminded him that it is his duty to lead his people.
A few facts you should remember about this particular orc:
- Every night before he goes to bed, Sargeras checks under his bed for Saurfang.
- Archavon is Saurfang’s Pet Rock
- Saurfang does not have to wait for Arthas to come in CoS timed. The prince will run like hell.
- The real reason the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor split is because that was the day Saurfang cut his very first birthday cake. Afterwards, Saurfang decided that Thrall should cut the cake instead.
- Saurfang once killed 53,297 zombies with a single cleave attack.