Day 3 of the 20 Days of Warcraft leads us onto the question: Day 3 – Favourite NPC?
*stretches collar* nngh. The first thing I think when I look at this question is really: But there are so bloody many of them, why should I have to pick just one? Then I thought it best to tackle the question from a different angle, because there really are a lot of NPCs. What is it that makes me like an NPC? That cleared it up for me a little bit. I love the leaders, near enough, they’re all nice and heroic, fine, but they don’t make me smile. A good NPC should do that for me. So, I had a think, and I’m sure I’ve missed a fair few, but these are the ones that stick out in my mind.
First of all, I would like to give my kudos to Saurfang. Whilst he is not my favourite, he is Goddamn awesome. Not only has he managed to make his way up to Chuck Norris status, but he is one of the greatest father figures in this game. The way he believed in his son so strongly, and then grieved him so stoicly was amazing. Plus, that conversation he had with Garrosh in Warsong Hold was simply brilliant.
- Narain Soothfancy – The Gnome in Tanaris who gives you quests for the AQ chain.
- Spirit of Azuregos – Another one from the AQ chain, if you’ve ever seen his dialogue with you, you would definitely understand.
- Minigob Manabonk – Oh, c’mon, this Gnome turns you into a sheep! BOUNCING SHEEP!
- Bessy – You know the ghost cow in Netherstorm? Shutup, she’s awesome.
- Crunchy – Same as above! I’ve never squeed quite so much as when Crunchy eats the tickbirds.
Okay, so now that we’ve established that I’m clearly obsessed with cute things.. I guess I have to pick one. You know what? Narain Soothfancy actually had me in stitches, you should check the AQ chain quest text sometime, because it really made me laugh. I don’t usually like Gnomes very much but this one is brilliant. No doubt, now that I’ve said that, I’m going to think of somebody even better.
I can tell you my least favourite though. This bastard must have been my first ever escort quest and for some reason I’ve always felt like he’s extra slow.. probably that long ass walk he does without being attacked. Annoying!