Though I prefer adult books these days, as a teen, I preferred young adult fiction. I thought I’d share my young adult favourites with you guys. I’ve seen a couple of pre-loved giveaways around the blogosphere and it gave me the idea. A few years has passed, so perhaps it’s a little dated, but isn’t it always interesting to see these kinds of things? Perhaps there’ll be one in here you hadn’t heard of that might be worth a look in, you never know! Books are in whatever condition my teenage self saw fit to keep them in. My first giveaway – woot!
It’s safe to say I liked anything witchy/psychological back in my teen years. I, like many other people my age, loved Harry Potter growing up. I was a little late to the party as I didn’t pick the series up until there were four books in the series. This would have been when I was about 12 or 13. I was determined when the first book came out that I didn’t like it.. I was wrong. This post isn’t about Harry Potter, however, as everybody knows about those books (and I’ll be damned before I give away my copies).
It’s true that I loved anything and everything magical. I loved Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Charmed and paganism (*cough* Wicca fluff), though I’d like to say that I discovered Wicca from searching the internet for ‘spells’ and not through Buffy or any of those weird and wonderful tv shows! Equally, whenever I spotted a book with a witchy/magical cover, I was instantly drawn.
I think Old Magic and Face were actually recommended to me, if I remember right, but otherwise it was the covers and the titles that caught my eye. I no longer have copies of a couple of my old favourites (So Mote It Be and Book of Shadows) but the rest are still here and intact. And I know Witchlight is nowhere near first in the series but do you know something? I never read those first 8 books and still loved that one.
You can win one of the following:
- This giveaway is open to UK entrants only.
- One entry per person.
- You will be able to choose any one book listed.
- There are no extra entries, but massive brownie points if you spread the word.
- Please be a GFC follower, if not you can follow me by other means but let me know how!
- All you have to do to win is leave me a comment on this post with your GFC name (or otherwise if you didn’t sign up through GFC) and email address. I’d also be interested to know which one you’ll choose, though you can change your mind later, and what was your favourite book in your teens?
- Winners will be drawn randomly and I may add extra winners at my own discretion.
- Giveaway ends at midnight (GMT) on August 8th, any entries after this time will not be counted.
- Winner(s) will have 48 hours to respond to their email before I choose a new winner.
Hop on over to the other blogs taking part in the UK & EU Summer Hop. They’re all brilliant bloggers (and I’m not just saying that, I mean it) with some great giveaways. If the linky isn’t working because WordPress keeps eating it, click on the UK & EU Summer Hop button in the sidebar to check out the other giveaways!