Q. It’s Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. so we want to know what you are Thankful for – blogging related of course! Who has helped you out along the way? What books are you thankful for reading?
The book I am most thankful for is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I’ve talked about why in great detail before but let’s just say it got me back into reading and nothing can really beat that.
As for blogging, I’m obviously thankful for all of my readers! The people who crazily seem to enjoy what I read and leave me nice comments. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be blogging. Or maybe I would but not to the extent that I do now. But as for who has helped me along the way, well, I have a few influences and a few folk who keep me sane (or not, as the case may be) and I’ll no doubt miss somebody because I follow a lot of awesome book bloggers, as you can tell from my extensive blogroll (which needs updating yet again), but honourable mentions go to –
- Book Chick City – Carolyn and Laura are both absolutely awesome and this was one of the first book blogs I read.
- Parajunkee’s View – I have picked up a lot of tips and tricks from Rachel.
- The Bookish Brunette – Ashley’s personality and hugely variable reading tastes have influenced me no end/
- Booking in Heels – Hanna is freaking awesome in every which way. <3 my book twin.
- Mission To Read – Rie and Pabkins have always made me feel welcome! Fantastic blog and Rie of course made my header.
- On A Book Bender – Amanda for all the conversations about giant green dildos and Mr.Whip for making me choke on whatever I was drinking at the time and kudos for the fabulous readathon she hosts every now and then.
- Nocturnal Book Reviews – Karina has influenced me to read more urban fantasy and I love her for that and how much she’s always cheered me on.
- Within Pages – Leila perhaps convinced me to turn this blog into a full time book blog without even knowing it, so you can blame her! Friend from the gaming blogging community, and now in the book blogging community, will always lub her.
- Curiosity Killed The Bookworm – Another one I’ve followed from pretty early on, I love Ellie’s mixed taste in reading and it has influenced me to do the same. Well.. I did anyway but I worried I was doing it wrong until I discovered CKTB.
- A Little Sun Shy – Beth has been a little quiet of late *sniff* but she helped me out a lot when I first got started.
TGIF is hosted by GReads!
Q.When You’re Not Reading:
What occupies your time when your nose isn’t stuck in a book?
I used to call myself a ‘pretty boring person’ because I’m a big fan of staying in and doing something quiet, but sod that. When I’m not reading I’m blogging (duh), or writing. Most of you know by now that I’ve been participating in NaNoWriMo and that’s been going so well that I now have 2 stories on the go and another in my head, a dark fairy tale, a vampire urban fantasy, and an epic fantasy. I also like TV to an extent. I like watching certain shows like Merlin, Doctor Who, House, Vampire Diaries, Glee, True Blood, South Park… but I’m not a huge watcher of the television, it’s just nice to do something completely brainless sometimes. I volunteer in a charity shop on a Monday morning which is fantastic purely because they’re all frickin mad. And then the usual shopping, sleeping, etc. Oh and I’m a bit of a gamer. I used to play MMOs a heck of a lot which is what I did when I had my 3 year reading slump, and I’m a fairly big World of Warcraft player though I’ve found myself logging in less and less the past year, just so busy with all of my bookish things but I’m still a casual player. And Sims Social on Facebook? Bloody addictive.
This week I interviewed Michelle Muto and she is offering your choice of one of her two books in e-format. Check it out, she’s amazing! I also, thanks to the wonderful Allison & Busby, have a UK giveaway for Working Stiff by Rachel Caine at the moment, so don’t miss that. There will be 5 winners and it’s a great read!