In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren.
- The Dead Girls’ Dance (The Morganville Vampires #2) by Rachel Caine | Goodreads
- Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires #3) by Rachel Caine | Goodreads
- Temeraire (Temeraire #1) by Naomi Novik | Goodreads
- When God Was A Rabbit by Sarah Winman | Goodreads
Annoyingly the Royal Mail lived upto their usual reputation and after 3 weeks of waiting, the parcel I was waiting on (a couple from publishers) still hadn’t arrived. So I let the publishers know and the books were resent, and finally I can read the Morganville series! I really didn’t have much luck with books 2 and 3 so that brightened my day a little when they finally arrived and I started The Dead Girls’ Dance last night and it’s just as good as Glass Houses. You guys seriously should give these a go if you haven’t yet, they are very good.
The other two I found in the charity shop. Hadn’t bothered with When God Was A Rabbit the previous week so when it was still there on the Monday I picked it up and I squeed when I found Temeraire. Steampunk with dragons? *bounce* That was on my wishlist for a little while so I had to.
- The Emerald Talisman (Talisman #1) by Brenda Pandos | Goodreads
- The Soulkeepers (The Soulkeepers #1) by G.P. Ching | Goodreads
- Legacies of Talimura: War of the Witch by Angel Haze & Slade Sewell | Goodreads
The first two were free from Smashwords, adding yet more to my ‘free ebooks I couldn’t resist’. And you can blame Karina for The Soulkeepers – I’m weak! Having heard good things about both I snapped them up and War of the Witch I won from the author’s Halloween giveaway.
Make sure you check out this week’s guest post from the wonderful K.C. Neal! She leaves us with an excerpt that should leave you craving more. I also have a review up for Pyxis with a giveaway at the end for a copy of the book. It is excellent so make sure you check it out. Also, my review and giveaway for Cicada by Belle Whittington is still going so don’t miss out, they both end this Wednesday.
What did you get this week?