It’s time for a new Sunday “meme” on Once Upon A Time and what better way to end the week than to share it with blogging friends? This one will be a little more fun than In My Mailbox, though I won’t be doing away with sharing my weekly hoard completely.
The Past Week at Once Upon A Time
- On Sunday, after the last In My Mailbox post, I had A Bloggish Ramble to clear my head.
- On Monday I responded to the comments I received on the ramble: Regarding Yesterday’s Ramble.
- Wednesday I reviewed The Pack by Jason Starr.
- Late Wednesday, Naithin posted his third Mistborn group read post.
- Thursday we had a new Fantastical Intentions post, this time featuring fantastical quotes.
- Friday I featured an excerpt from Socialpunk as part of my tour stop.
- I also guest posted for Amanda.
- And yesterday I told you about an Alternate To IMM.
- My readers are awesome. You guys managed to bring me up out of the biggest reading and blogging slump I have had so far with your comments and I love you all to bits. Thanks to you, there will be changes around here.
- Myself and Naithin are still working on honing this blog into something new and this week we took a look at “de-girling” the place. By that we mean just making it a little more gender neutral and I think what we have now is getting close to being spot on.
- I got my tax rebate!! Must.. resist.. Amazon..
Around The Blogosphere
Whilst I’m damn awful at keeping up on my reader, once in a while something grabs my eye, and this past week..
- Technically not this past week, but Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist posted a ‘What to read next…‘ and I really liked it.
- It has come out this week that somebody has been a little naughty. Here is the original post. This topic has been done to death and yes I’m more than a little tired of the drama but plagiarism is never cool. MY two cents: if you’re against plagiarism, leave her be. Being so blatantly oppositional is just showing how much you care, sending her more traffic and it’s really time to move on.
- How to Request a Digital Review Copy on Edelweiss. Because I know a few of us were darn confused.
- It is Amanda’s blogoversary and she’s having a party! Go check out the festivities.
Something Cute and Fluffy
Yeah, what of it? I like cute. You like cute. What’s not to like?
I don’t usually check my search terms because more often than not it’s full of unfunny, regular terms but let’s see..
- book about homeless guy and a cat – A Street Cat Named Bob!
- bout of books – Yes, do sign up here!!
- fucking diet – I know, right?
- hannah the hippo pygmy – *scowls*
I had a fantastic bookish week! So much variety, just wish I could do a vlog. I’m really hoping to get hold of a webcam sometime in the next couple of months.
- A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen
Charity Shop Finds
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner
- The Only Way Is Up by Carole Matthews
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
I finally found Great Expectations free for the Kindle and Advent is from NetGalley.