It’s my birthday week! This coming Friday I’m turning 24 – eeh! I don’t tend to make a big deal out of it. I don’t drink and I don’t do parties, so all I tend to want is a couple of little presents, even if it’s just a bar of Cadbury’s I’m happy you know? I’m still a bit of a kid at heart after all. And I like to go out for a meal which we’ll likely do on Thursday because I like the quiet.
The Past Week at Once Upon A Time
I had one of those weeks in which I really struggled to want to blog.
- Monday: [Review] When I Fall in Love by Miranda Dickinson – fab chick lit
- Tuesday: [Cover Reveal] The Midnight Spell by Rhiannon Frater and Kody Boye – excited for this one
- Tuesday: Cover Lover #10 – well I still love swirlies
- Friday: [Review] My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent – I rant but explain why I love the series
Around The Blogosphere
- Raimy shared her BlogINK entry with us: The Changing Face of YA. I really enjoyed reading it.
- Ms. Frater’s got new covers for all three of her As The World Dies trilogy now! I love them. They’re simple and give more of a horror feel.
- I adore Vicky’s new feature – Nail Your Books. She creates some fab nail art and the idea of creating nail art to match favoured book covers is such a great one.
Not Quite The Blogosphere
- This series of Merlin will be the last, oh noes! I love me some Merlin, but at least this means it won’t go through the “ugh, this again?” stage that many series go through and the creaters are planning a further movie trilogy as well which gets me very excited. It’s been a great run but we’re not quite at the end yet!
- Me pretty much always.
Further reading slump woe. I’ve been managing to enjoy Daughter of Smoke and Bone I’m just very much in an urban fantasy mood so I also picked up book four of the Sookie series finally and that’s a fun read so far. I spose watching a huge marathon of Walking Dead didn’t help much.. that’s one emotionally draining show.
Primarily though, I got my Hunter in WoW to 90 who I was playing with Dan and I also did a little pet collecting, and I’ve started watching anime again. I keep it updated on MyAnimeList, which is the anime equivalent of Goodreads but with creepier fangirls/boys, and I’m trying to find a little community that agrees that lolicon is fucking creepy, and ecchi and harem aren’t all that.. the kind of fans who like Death Note and Ergo Proxy and Code Geass, you know? *shrug*
I also found myself reading a couple of fanfics. One Claire/Myrnin and one Elena/Damon.. *whistle* I had a wicked good Damon dream in the past week, I’m like a bloody teenager I swear.
In the real world, I had a job interview. Sadly, however, I couldn’t make it because my car broke. ARGH! Bump start won’t work. Jump start won’t work. So we called the RAC out, who couldn’t get it started either. It should only be like a £30 job but until it’s fixed, public transport and lifts are required and I despise public transport and lifts make me feel guilty. 😡
Steins Gate takes a little while to make any sense but I’ve worked out that the main character likes to act a bit mad and I’m fairly sure everybody around him believes him (though why Kurisu puts up with his name calling I do not understand), but he seems to be on to something. It’s an anime about time travel and preventing a dystopia and Mayuri is adorable! Though I’m terrified there are people getting their rocks off to her because that’s actually a thing in the anime community. 🙁 However I am really enjoying it so far.
Magi is a currently airing 2012 anime which is about Aladdin and the Arabian Nights which I couldn’t resist. It’s a boy’s adventure anime so fanservice should be at a minimum and it seems a fantastic story.. but what the hell?! Aladdin is fucking 10. Yeah.. the one nustled between large boobs here. Sigh. I am not okay with this. However, it has quite a Fullmetal Alchemist vibe and I’m intrigued by the overall story.
- lol cat diet – cheeseburgers, I hear
- funny dead deer – …no.
- faery fruity fun time – hells yeah
What Am I Reading?
Started: Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
What Next? Maybe Burning by Jena Gregoire 🙂